To be eligible for this course you must:
- Already be a qualified counsellor, psychotherapist, counselling or clinical psychologist, mental health or wellbeing professional, who offers therapeutic work to clients and adheres to a professional code of conduct. We also welcome applications from Iron Mill College students who have completed the taught element of their advanced counselling or psychotherapy training, but are still to complete their placement hours and / or qualifying exams.
- Be able to demonstrate successful completion of relevant training, qualifying you to work therapeutically with clients in your stated professional capacity (as per above).
In addition, applicants will need to show that they possess the following qualities, within the personal statement that accompanies their application:
- A strong understanding of ethical practice and adherence to a professional code of conduct.
- The time and commitment for the training.
- Willingness to try new experiences.
- A good level of balanced self-reflection and self-awareness.
If you are interested in this course, you may wish to first book onto one of our Open Days or Open Evenings to find out more. If you are new to Iron Mill College, you might also find our Taster Days a useful way to experience what it's like to study at Iron Mill College, before applying.
How to apply:
You can apply by submitting the following documents and items:
- Post Qualifying Diploma in Creative Arts Therapies application form (available to download from 'Download' section of this web page).
- A personal statement detailing how you meet the entry criteria for this course (as above) and why you wish to undertake this training.
- Passport / webcam style photo.
You will also need to pay the £350 Enrolment Deposit to reserve your place (see the 'Fees' tab for further information).
- CV, copies of all relevant professional qualification certificates you've mentioned in your application, and any higher education certificates you have (i.e. degree-level, equivalent, or above).
Application documents can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to 'Iron Mill College, Morwenstow, 7 Barnfield Crescent, Exeter, Devon, EX1 1QT'.
Please note that you will only be offered a place on the course once all of the above application documents have been received and your Enrolment Deposit has been paid. This includes receipt of both references. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their referees supply references, following up requests for references where necessary.