Magnolia Incentive Bursary
This bursary is for Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling course applicants only.
The Magnolia Incentive and the Iron Mill College are very pleased to announce the creation of a new initiative to provide three bursaries, of £2,000 each, for students undertaking the Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling at Iron Mill College.
The winning applicant will receive £2,000 over two years towards our BACP Accredited Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling.
Applications must be received no later than 7th July each year. Thereafter, shortlisted applicants will be contacted to attend Bursary Interviews to usually be held during the third week of July each year.
The Bursaries will be awarded by no later than 31st July each year.
For an Application Form, please see the download box to the left of this page (PDF Document).
Alternatively if you would prefer to be sent a hardcopy, please feel free to send your request via our Contact Page.
Guidelines and Criteria for Application
1. There are limited funds available for bursaries and they are, therefore, capped at £2000 each. They are offered to selected students on the Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling at the Iron Mill College only. A reserve list of students will be held in the event of funding refusals.
2. Awards are only available to students that have been accepted onto this course at the Iron Mill College.
3. Bursaries awarded can only be paid towards the course fee, or for other purposes at the discretion of the panel, and will be paid by cheque to the Iron Mill College via the course administrator.
4. Deadline for receipt of applications at the Iron Mill College is 7th July each year.
5. Please complete all sections and provide photocopies of any supporting evidence you wish to include.
6. Bursary Interviews will usually take place during the third week of July each year.
7. Applicants will be notified of the result of their application no later than 31st July each year.
8. All applications are confidential and will be seen only by members of the Bursary Interview Panel. Application forms and supporting evidence will be confidentially shredded once awards have been made although a record of successful applicants will remain on file.
9. The Bursary Interview Panel is comprised of nominated members of staff of the Iron Mill College and the Magnolia Incentive. The Panel’s decision is final. No appeal can be made against refusal of an award.
10. Individual applications and reasons for award decisions will not be discussed with applicants or course tutors/administrators.
11. Course tutors are obliged to inform the Magnolia Incentive if a student who has received a bursary leaves the course during the academic year of the award.
12. Applicants who do not use bursaries that they have been awarded should inform the Iron Mill College as soon as possible so that the money can be re-awarded.
13. Any bursaries that have not been used by 31st October each year will no longer be valid. The award will automatically be offered to a reserve student. The same process as above will be applicable in such circumstances the deadline of use being 31st December each year.
14. Bursaries may be deferred by 12 months only with the prior consent of the Bursary Interview Panel.