No prior knowledge of counselling and psychotherapy is required for this course.
Applicants should, however, feel that they possess a maturity to reflect on their own development as a person, and should have an interest in and desire to learn about counselling and psychotherapy.
How to apply:
You can apply by submitting the following documents and items:
You will also need to pay the relevant course fees in order to reserve a place on this course (see the 'Fees' tab for further information).
- Application form (available to download from 'Download' section of this web page).
- Passport / webcam style photo.
- A personal reference returned to us by your personal referee (reference request form available to download from 'Download' section of this web page).
- A professional reference returned to us by your Professional referee (reference request form available to download from 'Download' section of this web page).
Application documents can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
, or by post to 'Iron Mill College, Morwenstow, 7 Barnfield Crescent, Exeter, Devon, EX1 1QT'.
Please note that you will only be offered a place on the course once all of the above application documents have been received and course fees have been paid. This includes receipt of both references. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their referees supply references, following up requests for references where necessary.
After you have been offered a place on the course (as above) and also completed your enrolment (by completing and submitting the offer agreements) you will be given access to the online course materials within 5 working days (excluding bank holidays and the College Christmas closure period).
To undertake the Online Introduction, students will need access to a computer with internet access, meeting the specifications below.
- Windows 7 or later.
- Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later.
- 1 GHZ or faster x86 or 64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set.
- 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64- bit) recommended for graphics features Minimum of 3 gigabytes (GB) disk space.
- Windows Internet Explorer 8 or later.
- Mozilla Firefox 10 or later.
- Apple Safari 5 or later.
- Google Chrome 17 or later.