Mission, Vision and Values
Mission Statement (i.e. our reason for existing):
To make a transformative contribution to individuals and society as a leading counselling, psychotherapy, mental health and wellbeing college, which significantly contributes towards excellence in contemporary academic knowledge and ethical practice within the helping professions.
Vision Statement (i.e. our potential: what we want to be)
Iron Mill College will be:
- Well established across the UK as a centre of excellence and innovation for education relating to mental health and wellbeing.
- Renowned for high standards of provision, offering inspiring, memorable, positive and potentially life-changing learning experiences.
- Involved and influential within both the academic and professional sectors; contemporary and responsive to the professional climate.
- Offering the optimum in inclusive provision with particular focus on the needs of the adult learner and mature student: every student will feel warmly welcomed, cared for, respected and supported, and the prior lived experience of each learner will be valued.
- An excellent employer: staff will be well supported, empowered, valued and respected, with clear and positive expectations of involvement, contribution and achievement.
- A place where learning and development accepts and values openness, honesty, difference and diversity, freedom of expression and the sharing of experience
- A special, warm and personal learning environment, where creativity can flourish, and that welcomes and nurtures openness, honesty, difference and diversity, freedom of expression and the sharing of experience.
Iron Mill College Values (i.e. these shared values will remain at the heart of all that we are, and guide us in all that we do):
- Excellence - striving for the highest standards and quality in all that we do.
- Accountability - inviting scrutiny to maintain excellence in standards.
- Ethics - operating with integrity, honesty, empathy and respect.
- Nurture - responsive support to enable individuals to maximise potential.
- Responsibility - to students, staff and the wider community, and commitment to the promotion and development of personal and social responsibility.
- Equality and Diversity - valuing and actively welcoming difference, and commitment to promoting and protecting equality of opportunity in relation to age; disability; gender and gender reassignment; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race; religion or belief; sex and sexual orientation.
- Collaboration – encouraging and facilitating consultative and collaborative work internally and externally to the college.
- Aspiration - seeking out innovation and opportunity to maximise potential.